After seven years in the Czech Republic, we decided that it is time for a change and to move on. It was a great time during which I met a lot of fantastic people and experienced many wonderful and unforgettable moments. In the last month we moved to Freiburg, a beautiful city in the south-west of Germany.
Yesterday was the first day in my new job at Canoo. If you are interested in JavaFX, you have probably already heard about them. Canoo is a company that is focused on UI development with all kinds of technologies. They have been part of the JavaFX community from day one. And yes, by that I mean, Canoo is one of the few companies that has actually used JavaFX Script!
There are many reasons why I am looking forward to the new gig. It allows me to:
- work with JavaFX again and “rejoin” the JavaFX community.
- focus on all things UI: development, UX, design.
- spend more time on blogging and speaking.
- contribute to exciting Open Source initiatives, e.g. OpenDolphin, DataFX, the JavaFX ports etc.
- and last but not least I will work with great people (e.g. Dierk König, Andres Almiray, Hendrik Ebbers, and others) to create beautiful and fun-to-use front ends.